Sunday, January 30, 2011

Quick Update

This post has very little purpose other than to make your morning a little brighter. Mostly I just want to apologize that our pictures are not up yet. They are piling up, we have a ton to post, and I need to put them on within 24 hours so that they count toward my January Flickr quota. (I'm only allowed a certain amount per month) Then I can start fresh with February.

Two quick things:

This morning's church service presented all three of the means of grace. The Word taught in truth and purity (albeit in Spanish. But I do bring my NIV Bible so I at least get the gist.), a baptism (the 3rd one since the new year), and Holy Communion (effective even if I don't understand all of the words).

The other thing is just a small observation. On my walk back from Amy's apartment, there was a couple, a husband and wife, sitting in rocking chairs on their patio/driveway. They were playing music, sipping drinks, and relaxing. I saw them just as they clinked their plastic cups together. Simple joys.

Also: I promise, there is a post coming about horseback-riding in Jarabacoa. I just really want Amy to write about that one. (she really likes horses)

2 comments:

  1. I added a few pictures, none from Christmas break, they are just some from Beth's camera I had lying around my hard drive. Hoping to appease the masses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very blessed man, that at your age you can appreciate the "simple joys" of life.

    ReplyDelete