Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How to Comment

After reading many a friend's blog, Amy and I noticed that they have many more commentors than we do, although maybe not as widely read. I think I know the difference. Wordpress is much easier to leave comments on than Blogger. Many of our readers are perplexed by the options they must choose between when leaving a comment. So, today, I offer you a quick tutorial on leaving a comment on our blog.

Step 1: Click on the title of the story or the word "comments."

Step 2: Type a comment in the field labeled "Post a Comment."

Step 3: Click the arrow on the drop-down menu labeled "Comment as:" and select who to leave your comment as. This is the tricky part. There are several options.

3a: The first is "Google Account." You may use this option if you have a Gmail, Yahoo, or YouTube account. You should just get a prompt to enter your username and password.

3b: WordPress, LiveJournal, and TypePad are all different blogging sites. If you do not have a blog, do not worry about these options.

3c: Let's skip to the most important options. "Name/URL" is easy. Select this option, type your name in the "Name" field, and you're good. Don't worry about the URL part unless you have a website you really want to share with us.

3d: The easiest and most private option is "Anonymous." Just select this option, and make sure to put your name at the end of your comment so we know who is talking to us.

Okay, class, your assignment for today is to follow the above steps and leave a comment on this entry. If you have any problems during the process, just... well... you won't be able to leave a comment, so you'll have to send me an email or facebook message.

8 comments:

  1. Since I have a Google account, I use the first option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you practicing on your 1 and 2 grade teaching skills?
    Justine has always had trouble leaving a comment and I didn't understand why. Who would have known that I am the computer genius of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I got it. This came about 10 months too late. I'm going to leave enough comments in the next month to make up for lost time. You will wish you didn't teach me this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I didn't click the anonymous part. I am Justine!!! I must be known for my work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy....You sound just like a teacher!!!!!!! :<) It took you long enough! I have been struggling with this thing since Sept. Have you heard about Laura getting married?Take Care.
    Love Ya, Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was doing what you explained, but I still lose it somehow. I'll try again. Mom G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always use name/URL, the fastest way!

    ReplyDelete