Saturday, May 14, 2011

Call Day!

At 2:50pm Amy received a Facebook message from her mother informing us that we were indeed being assigned. About an hour, after a painstakingly long list of "S" names, my name was read followed by the words "Cross of Glory, Peoria, Arizona." My family has a picture of our faces as they watched us watch on Skype, looks of wonder, astonishment, excitement. The words that followed included "grades one and two," "music," and "youth." As of right now, we know nothing else but these few words, but their implications have been slowly growing on our consciousness, all happy, sad, and exciting. So far from home, a warm climate, primary grades, youth groups, outlying district, so far from home, so far from friends, so close to other friends. We continue to slowly realize what our new life will be like.

This is where we will be serving.

Many thanks to all of the people who were with us via Skype, thought, and prayer. We appreciate all of your support.

2 comments:

  1. OK, you got my attention. You already know my reaction to your Call because I was there when you got it. I'll let you know that I received a forward of an email to the members from Cross of Glory. They are looking forward to having you serve there. My friend is excited about putting your musical talents to work. She also said you can save money on your wardrobe since you can wear the same clothes you wore this year. She said, Sell the winter jackets!" I am very, very excited for you and Amy. Except for the music this would be my dream Call. God's blessings on the remainder of the school year in the DR. Love you!
    Cliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if we'll be saving much money on wardrobes... The clothes we brought down here are pretty worn out. I know many of them will not even be coming back with us.

    ReplyDelete