Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Day is Surely Drawing Near

When Call Day comes!!!!! Next Saturday, the 14th, people, 2:30pm Central Time. Amy and I may find out the plans God has for us. Last year at this time, we were getting ready to graduate and attend a call service where our names would not be read. Like many of our classmates, we were heading abroad to serve the Lord in a different place. Since then, we have had many experiences that have shaped us and prepared us for future work in the ripe harvest field. Amy and I have been preparing for this day almost without ceasing. We are now subscribed for email call reports so we can monitor what positions as freeing up and which ones have been taken. We hold regular discussions: "What if we're in Michigan?" "What if we're in Milwaukee?" "What if we're in Nebraska?" "California?" "Florida?" "What if it's a high school call?" "Dorm supervisor?" We've covered all of our angles, I think, so we are fully prepared.

For those of you wondering, both of us will not be looking for an assignment on Saturday. I put my name in under category 1, meaning I am willing to serve the Lord anywhere. Amy put her name in under category 4, meaning she is willing to serve nearby my call. I will be considered for assignment, she will not. Instead, if/when I receive a call, my district president will then be able to offer Amy a call.

So, if you're just as curious as we are, you can tune in to the MLC livestream website, watch the call service, and see the next generation of public servants receive their assignments. You should be able to view it here.
So keep Amy and I in your prayers. While you're praying, also remember a friend and co-worker of ours, Keith. Keith is an MLC grad teaching here, too. He's been here for 5 years, and has recently received a call to teach 2nd grade at Risen Savior in Milwaukee, WI. The choice he has to make is between being a layman witnessing to his friends and supporting the church here in the DR, or to give up this country, go back to his family in the US, and become a called worker in a WELS school. He has been deliberating for 2 weeks now, so the decision is not coming to him easily. Pray for wisdom and guidance for him.

Sorry the updates died out there. School is going crazy with Science Fair coming up, and grades due last week, so hopefully we'll be able to catch you up on some things. I know Amy has some pictures she's ready to throw out there, so there is plenty on its way. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your assignment to Peoria, AZ. I guess you'll still get to enjoy some fabulously warm weather year round. ;) I am excited for you and Amy. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete