Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Saying "Good-bye"

It's a long process. We've been working on it for a while now. Slowly the realization is setting in. These people are not going to be a part of our lives anymore:

My Zumba class girls- just as I was getting really comfortable with the group. (Being the only white woman isn't always easy, especially when dancing is involved!)

Our Sosua beach server. He always remembered us and even called us family.

The members of Cordero de Dios (Lamb of God), our beloved church family here.

Pastor Alex and his dear family. They have welcomed us into their home on so many occasions now!
David, the boy I tutored, and his family- such kind and genuine people.

My students. I like to think of them as my babies, but they really are second graders now. I see it every time I look at them. This one has been the hardest of them all. I pray that God continues the work he started in their hearts this year.

In today we said our last good-byes. The good-byes to all the wonderful teachers at our school. This year has been very difficult, but we have been so very blessed.

1 comment:

  1. You have been blessed.
    You're in the air now!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete