Tuesday, December 14, 2010

No Excuses

I'm really sorry, but Amy's been sick, and I said she was going to post next, and she really wanted to post next, so I haven't been, and a lot has happened, but Amy doesn't like it when I always post and she doesn't get to post about the exciting things, so I've been holding off so she has a chance, and we've been really busy with exams the last few weeks anyway, so we really haven't had time to post.

But my Mom chewed me out via Skype chat, so I'm giving you all a little teaser until Amy finds the time to grace us with her words.

We've been taking exams at SDS for the past couple weeks. It's something they do here in this country. Everyone, 1st-12th grade, takes cumulative exams at the end of each semester. Amy had fun making exams for ELL 1st graders. Mine were less fun, but I'm over it.

Also during this time is practice for the Christmas program. As I mentioned before, I'm working with 4th and 5th grades to put on the final act of the program: the Nativity. It's going really well. The narrators all have their parts memorized, the choir has their songs learned (more or less) and the actors are bringing in their bed sheet costumes. We've been putting it all together, and it's going pretty smoothly. It'll be a great way to end the program. I tried to include a strong gospel message about the significance of the birth in Bethlehem.

"You are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

"O come, Thou Rod of Jesse, free
Thine own from Satan's tyranny
From depths of Hell Thy people save
And give them victory o'er the grave
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel."

I am also including "Peace Came to Earth" from the hymnal supplement. The kids are pretty good at it. The text is by Vajda, the same guy who wrote Where Shepherds Lately Knelt, and prompted a lot of discussion during choir rehearsals.

We will be performing on Thursday, and I'm sure Miss Amy will be able to capture some moments on video.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! My coffee tastes so much better this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get any videos? I don't remember if we talked about this....

    ReplyDelete