Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another One!

Continuing on....

Day 4: Wednesday, BEACH DAY!

Amy and I were able to find enough very generous people to be willing to cover all of our classes on Wednesday, and Miss Jennie was more than happy to help us out, so we got the day off to take our visitors to the beach for the day!

We took them to Sosua since it is the easiest, cheapest, is still beautiful, and has tons of shops right on the beach to pick up some souvenirs. We picked up some fresh shrimp from a vendor walking by, slathered on some sunscreen, and soaked up the rays. And of course went for a dip. Or two.

Amy wasn't quite as ambitious as Justine and I. Just a little slower.

Justine had a Coco Loco (Karmen, this one had alcohol!) and Amy and Grandma had Piña Coladas in the piña.

3 paintings were purchased before we headed back to the bus station to get the return trip.

Once we were back, we headed to Amy's apartment to order some yaroa and rikkis for dinner. Unfortunately, all of the beach junk food and intense sun had taken it's toll on Miss Amy, so she was lamentably forced to retire early. We had to continue without her, but Grandma and Justine managed to enjoy the authentic Dominican street food and also indulge in their favorite local drink: Presidente beer.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, Ahhhh, sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew my kids were beer drinkers!
    I miss the beach!
    I miss you!
    I love you!
    I'm feeling sappy, it must be the mile high snow drifts surrounding our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone sure sounds like they were having a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I wouldn't do for some yaroa and coco loco right now! I did find one street vendor here that makes a Chicken sandwich that is Dominican cuisine-esk. I guess his food will have to tide me over!

    ReplyDelete