Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dear America:

From the DR

I've heard you're having money problems, too. Here are a few money-saving tips that have worked for me:

-Walk, you don't really need a car
-Public transportation, you don't really need a car
-Turn off your hot water heater when you're not using it
-Turn off your water when you won't use it for a while (at work, sleeping)
-Don't use a dryer, just line dry (you can do this indoors, too)
-You don't need air conditioning. Really. Just lots of fans and well designed buildings.
-Unplug electronics when they aren't in use
-Make your own juice
-Eat rice

Just a few suggestions. Hope this helps!

3 comments:

  1. You're absolutely correct!!It's good you're learning this at a young age. Most of us didn't do those things until we were much older. Some of us never will have the wisdom you have now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like China! Not kidding. Exactly like I've been living in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips!! I've tried a couple of these myself, but I don't do it on a regular basis. Just when I think of it. I think I will make a more conscious effort. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete