Wednesday, September 15, 2010

3 Things

First of all, a story. When I walked up the stairwell a few minutes ago, someone must have been making chinola juice or something, because the whole building smelled of passion fruit. Thankfully, Andrew and I have a huge jug of chinola juice concentrate, so I made myself a big glass to satisfy my craving. I was walking through the kitchen when I slipped in a puddle of water (it had rained earlier today while we were at school) and spilled the entire contents of my glass. I tried to mop up the disaster, but I'm scared we will have a floor-ful of ants in the morning. I also gave up on the juice. I'm just not in the mood anymore. :(

Secondly, school. I always lose my voice on Wednesdays. I think my 6th graders are getting antsy for the weekend, so I have to raise my voice a lot more. This is convenient since on Wednesdays I teach music class. (sorry, you'll have to wipe off the sarcasm dripping down your screen) But music class went really well. The 7th graders and I had fun for the most part. They just over-do everything, so I have to be really careful what activities I choose. I did yell in a boy's ear. I was saving my voice, cuz there wasn't much left. But they weren't listening to my directions at all, so to get their attention I had to yell. One boy decided to still not listen, so I turned him around to face me and yelled the same thing right in his face. Probably not the smoothest thing to do, but everyone got a good laugh out of it and he paid attention for a while. (Yes, those words were chosen deliberately)

Thirdly, a very unnecessary, random, and uninteresting comment. While writing the first paragraph of this post, I noticed the interesting letter parallels between the words "spilled" and "slipped." I apologize if you read that hoping for something witty.

3 comments:

  1. I know this seems a bit high maintenance, but do you think you could move the picture of the spider in the stairwell so I don't have to see it when I check your blog. I know you understand and love me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh for the simply ways of showing how much you love me, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete