Thursday, September 2, 2010

Water, water, everywhere, except my apartment....

After school today, I walked to my apartment with two goals in mind: take a shower and do laundry. Neither of these was accomplished at my apartment tonight. So I changed and walked to Amy's. By the time I got there, my shirt was already nasty with sweat. Thankfully, the girls never have problems with water at their place. It was a lovely evening. Amy and I made some salads with avocado, black beans, and chicken, and I fried up some overripe plantains. Unripe, green plantains are like potatoes, and overripe, yellow plantains are like bananas. So these were more like dessert and I decided to sprinkle some cinnamon and cloves on top. Cloves are used in most Dominican desserts, so they always taste like Christmas.

The best part was that while we were cooking, a big rainstorm hit. The temperature dropped and the evening has been so comfortable ever since.

In other news, tomorrow is Friday, which is great enough in and of itself, but we also have plans to join a Dominican teacher after school and he'll show us around the city a bit. More on this story tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment