Monday, October 4, 2010

Diversidad

My class is up for flag line this week. That means my students are in charge of raising the flag everyday, and we are supposed to do a presentation of some sort for the whole student body. We've been preparing for the past couple weeks.

The values we are focusing on for October are Diversity and Identity. The class talked about ideas about diversity and based on what they said, I put together a little script. I also threw a little choreography at them. Since the value of the month is Diversity, I decided we'd have to dance to Hairspray! So they're doing a little "You Can't Stop the Beat." They are having a lot of fun doing the choreography and the spoken part. It should be pretty good. We perform it on Thursday. I'll hopefully be able to get a video.

Our first visitor is arriving on Wednesday!!!! Amy's friend Karmen is coming to visit us until Tuesday. We are so excited. We get to act all experienced and acclimated while we show her around.

Well, I'm finishing up a batch of muffins here, and they're just about done. So I'm going to go. Have a good day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to see what crazy shenanigans you guys get into when this Karmen girl is there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get a vidoe of your class' presentation. It sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete