Friday, November 12, 2010

0 comments

How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel like you are on a little island far away from home? Does that question guilt you into commenting?

Another long week has passed by and we are counting down the days till Thanksgiving. (Only 8 school days!) Today my students read a "story" to the school at flag line, which is our start of the day national anthem/school hymn/announcement time. They did okay, but not as well as they do in class when no one is watching. It's a lot of pressure for those little ones to stand up in front of a big group.

Tonight we went to a place called Game Studio. It was a pretty upscale place, but the appetizers and drinks were half off. The occasion was my roommate Ally's birthday, which actually happens on Monday. They decorated our tables with balloons and even provided a cake- which had a layer of guava jelly in the middle:) One room is like a restaurant and the other is like an arcade. We played a bunch of games too and won ourselves two ring pops, one bag of skittles, and a box of nerds! Pretty exciting.

Tomorrow we are going to the beach with Katie and Guess (we'll see how that goes with it being so cold here now- in the 70's and 80's!), and Sunday is Saint David's Family Day (which includes a dance competition) so stay tuned for more updates this weekend. And remember- commenting can take less than a minute!

4 comments:

  1. After reading this I notice there are zero comments on this entry, therefore I will make that number one :). I pity you and your 70 degree weather, earlier this week I broke out my winter coat...boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been snowing here for 2 days! Take a blanket and go to the beach!
    You two need to be ready to go the beach no matter what the weather, I know we will be!! I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nate and I bought some guava jam in the Bahamas. It is delicious!! I agree, it has gotten chilly. Although it does warm up during the day which is nice, unless you got dressed for the morning weather...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I will be the biggest wimp when I go home for Christmas. 60 just feels SO cold here. I imagine that would be freezing for you in the DR. I do still giggle when I see people in their parkas when it's in the 60's.

    ReplyDelete