Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Are you there?

We miss you! Please comment on our blog... I wouldn't be so needy except that we look forward to your comments every day and it's such a let-down when there are none.

Also, for those of you who have asked (and there are a lot of you), you can find who wrote each post at the end of the message. It says when the post happened and who wrote it.

Today we had our open house. I only met four children (and a fifth this last week). The real news of the day is that Jeanette, the sub-director/coordinator of the school, quit. Her husband's company shut down all the offices on in the northern part of the island so she and her two daughters are moving to Punta Cana to be closer to him. We were all in shock. She was so organized, intelligent, experienced, and encouraging. She always had time to talk to us and she always had something positive to say about what we were doing. It will be hard for us to lose that. We just feel a little more alone now. The director of the school, Miss Jenny, just has SO much on her plate. I can't imagine how she is feeling right about now... She has to deal with everything and try to help and support all of us too.

There is really no way to communicate what that means to us- losing Jeanette. She was everything we needed here and everything this school needed. And we really looked up to her. I just would love to be like her- so passionate, driven, and organized. But we understand her circumstances and certainly can't fault her. It's just so sad that it had to happen this way.

On that sad note, I'm afraid I must leave you to get myself to bed. Tomorrow will be a busy day filled with energetic 1st graders!

Tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to post a comment but I'm not sure what this sign in stuff is. I hope this gets through. I'm sorry to hear about your loss of a friend. I will try to write more often. (If I can figure this out.) It has gotten lonely here now that Kathy and Scott have gone also. I will be excited to hear about your adventura with your class. God bless your teaching! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete