Friday, August 13, 2010

Sequel to the cockroach story

I don't know which is better: not seeing the cockroach again and knowing he could still be alive or seeing him and having to attempt to do away with him again. For those of you who enjoyed the cockroach story, you may get a kick out of this:

Two mornings after the horrible night of the roach, my roommate Katie told Steve and I that she had a terrible story to tell us. The night before she had seen a roach in her room! (At this point we interrupted and told her it must have escaped from mine to hers.) She called her boyfriend who had just left to come back and kill it. By the time he got there the roach had once again disappeared. She did not want to lose sleep over it and so she slept in Beth's room, where there is an extra bed. It was the first time she had seen a roach in her room, and this is her second year here. That fact was somewhat comforting- knowing it is not the norm.

We told her that my story wasn't much different, and we made an agreement with Beth that if either of us see it again we will sleep in her room. I hope this is the end of the roach saga, but you will have to stay tuned to find out.

3 comments:

  1. Do you need some spray to kill them? I always have some spray just in case! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! I don't know if I can get spray here... I will look into it if I see one again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adopted a stray cat to take care of the cockroaches near my apartment!

    ReplyDelete