Thursday, August 26, 2010

One Day More

Only one day left. That's all. One day until the weekend.

I had my first day of music/drama elective with high schoolers today. I'm starting with 10th graders. I liked them. They're so fun. I remember how much I loved high school student teaching. At the very beginning of the class I asked each of them why music and drama are important to them. The very first one, a young lady, very frankly told me that she doesn't care for either. But we all had fun. Be played a lot with breathing exercises. We tried singing a bit, and the girls were doing pretty well. The guys were more lost, and one of them was consistently singing down a 4th from everyone else. At least it was consonant.

There was another animal episode today. Not nearly as exciting as the tarantula or the egret, but worth noting, apparently. It looked the same as the time the kids were at recess and found the egret. A big crowd of kids running all over, and Keith racing to the rescue. But this time it was a little baby bird. It still had a little of it's downy feathers. I suggested to Keith that since he's having trouble finding something the egret will eat, maybe it would try that.

I am so ready for this weekend. We go to the resort on Saturday. The perfect way to end our first full week.

Sorry about all the scary posts, Mom. I can assure you, the resorts are better, really. So no one be afraid to come visit!

2 comments: