Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A cockroach is not a bug

Last night there was a cockroach larger than a quarter running around my room. I was already uneasy because Steve did not know where his wallet with all his money was. (Don't worry- it's been found!) So to make matters worse, I saw this roach. Bugs are little. One thwap and they are gone. You don't think twice. But roaches are big and fast and they hide under things. Needless to say, even with Beth's help, the roach escaped. I slept very poorly for fear of the roach joining me at night... Silly, I know. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

As Steve wrote, I missed out on the excitement. He wrote that I was "watching" a dish. Actually I was "washing" it, and he told me it looked like the sun had come out for a second. Then we went into the other room and heard all the roommates talking about the explosion. Never a dull moment. If it had to happen, I'm just sad to have missed it.

I'm looking forward to a roach-free night of sleep. Good night!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to the roach...When Derek & I were first married we lived in Key West. Derek was somewhere on a ship and I saw my first roach ever. It was on my kitchen floor and it was at least 2 inches long. All that I had to try to kill it was a yard stick. Needless to say the roach lived to see another day and I, like you, didn't sleep well that night.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that is silly at all! I would have moved by now. Of course, you do know there are plenty of places on this farm I will never set foot in again because of a mouse sighting, or maybe dropping, or maybe mention of a possible mouse sighting... So, not silly at all.
    By the way, your "about Steven" on the wedding site could give you "brother'' status. To some that is a compliment, to others, not so much.
    It is so nice to read your postings now, I would love for you to Skype with Steven sometime so I can see that you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making me feel better:)I kept the shoe near me all night- much better than a yard stick. I can't imagine! As for mice, well, I think they can probably just stay out of my apartment as well. I appreciate the honor of your comment on "brother" status;) It was nice chatting today even though skype was against us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! I'm positive I would not have handled the cockroach as well as you. Besides that, it sounds like you and Steven are having a great experience so far. I love reading your blogs, so please keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for commenting! The cockroach has been one downside to being here.. At least I haven't seen it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have now joined the roach anxiety league. They sure do have some big ones around here. We have a nice high bed that doesn't touch the wall which makes me feel a little better

    ReplyDelete