Sunday, August 8, 2010

Laundry Day

Oh, a whole new adventure!

Andrew and I really took our time experimenting with the washing machine before I tossed my clothes in. We figured out that you need to turn the water on and off manually at the faucet. And it takes a long time to fill the chamber up with water. We were lucky, and the water stayed on the entire time. Good news is, there is only cold water, so I can do my darks and whites all at once! Bad news is, when we first turned on the water, we noticed all these little flakes of gunk floating in the water. So that's also all over my clothes right now...

Anyway, here it is, how to run a Dominican washing machine:

Step 1: Turn switch to "Wash."
Step 2: Turn on the water.
Step 3: Toss in clothes.
Step 4: Put in some soap of an undefined amount.
Step 5: Wait 10 minutes.
Step 6: Turn off water.
Step 7: Start wash cycle.
Step 8: Drain water.
Step 9: Put clothes in spin cycle chamber.
Step 10: Turn switch to "Spin."
Step 11: Turn on water.
Step 12: Begin spin cycle.
Step 13: Turn off water.
Step 14: Drain water.
Step 15: Construct clothes line in spare bedroom.
Step 16: Shake water gunk off of clothes.
Step 17: Hang up clothes.

And that's where I am right now. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment