Friday, August 13, 2010

Too tired to write...

But I know you people are counting on me. So I will press on.

Today was the last day of prep. Tuesday is like an open house, and then Wednesday is the first day of school. That means I'm supposed to be ready for school to start. Which I guess is true. I just feel unprepared because I don't know what to expect from the kids. I know what American 6th graders can accomplish, but I don't know what these students will be like. It's hard to choose literature because I don't know how good their English will be. It will be fine, since I'm planning a lot of activities for the first few days and won't start getting into material until the second week. I should get to know them a little by then.

We hung out at Amy's apartment tonight. It was really fun. We were all there (Andrew, Amy, and me, and Amy's roommates and their boyfriends). We had a good time playing mafia, which was extra difficult considering Ally's boyfriend Miguel doesn't speak much English. After the game, we were hungry, so Katie and her boyfriend showed us this little stand nearby that sells this delicious little dish called yaroa. It's french fries, covered with fried onions and chicken or pork, covered in cheese, covered in ketchup and mayo (of course). It was heavenly. And now, after that, I want to do nothing but sleep.

1 comment:

  1. mafia is the best!! as long as its the same as cops and gangsters which is the real name for it. or maybe its some completely different game.

    ReplyDelete