Saturday, August 14, 2010

Mopping

I cleaned the apartment today! Which meant mopping the floor, which was fun, since I didn't have a way to wring the mop out, and since I didn't want to turn the kitchen into a lake, I had to do it with my hands. Which was really gross. So if anyone has a solution please share. It's really dusty here, and the windows are always open, so I think I'll be doing this job very regularly.

And now for something completely different:

The walk back from the supermarket is a journey of mixed emotions. On one hand, I am extremely excited about all of the purchases I have made: I have bread for making french toast, I have a new kind of juice (tamarindo), I have bleach for cleaning the bathroom, I have more plantains, and so many more goodies. On the other hand, I have to carry all of my purchases back to the apartment. Which is not a short walk. And the purchases are not few. Which quickly results in sore shoulders. But it didn't rain until we were back, so I guess I can't complain.

Also, one more little note about the supermarket: Eggs are not packaged in a nice, protective carton. They are in a half-carton wrapped in plastic. It is very difficult to arrive home with a 0 egg mortality rate.

3 comments:

  1. Steve is so right about the journey back from the supermarket! I happen to have a really strong fiancee who carries most of the purchases though, so I luck out a little:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the solution to cleaning the floor without getting your hands dirty is using your tongue :) it cleans things very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 0 egg mortality rate, gotta love it. :)

    ReplyDelete