Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dates

Here's just a quick one so I can get to bed. Today was great! Steve told all about church so I won't except to say that it was so good to join in worship with other WELS members- and especially because they are from a different culture. It just shows how God's Word brings his people together regardless of all else. We are so blessed here!

Some have been wondering about dates for visiting. I'll give you a little info about our schedule. During the week we work from 7:45-5 Monday- Thursday and 7:45-3 on Friday. Weekends are off, just like in the States. I'm not exactly sure how to read our year schedule but it looks like the following are our days off: Sept 24, Nov 6, Nov 25 (half), Nov 26, Dec 20-Jan 6 (Christmas Break), Jan 21, Jan 26, Mar 30, Apr 18-22 (Easter Break). Let us know when you want to come! We'll be thrilled to have visitors. We can make arrangements for you to stay with us in the apartments or you can look into resorts in (reasonably) nearby Puerto Plata or other coastal cities.

Okay, tomorrow is the beginning of a long week... Buenas noches y Dios les bendiga!

4 comments:

  1. I was going to say that the weekend of Sept. 24 might work, but then I remembered that's the weekend of the MS walk. I'm still getting details about when I might be leaving, but if all else fails maybe I could just come like a Thurs-Mon, or Fri-Mon or something like that, at least I could still have you guys for the weekend, and I could just wander or something when you're teaching, maybe even come observe for a few hours and get some ideas for my own experience. Let me know what you're thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy.....Do you have a wedding website address yet?
    Love Ya,
    Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Jer and I should come and visit you in the DR during your break from Dec. 20-Jan. 6. I've always wanted my baby to be born in a foreign country. How do you think that would go? :P ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve and Amy, I have roughly the same break you do for Christmas, so that might work out. We will have to chat about it sometime.

    -Tim B.

    ReplyDelete