Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Nulcear Halocaust

Okay, so maybe the title is a little dramatic. But there was a huge explosion! Less than 30 minutes ago! Here's the scoop:

I has at Amy's apartment. We we were in her kitchen and she was watching a dish, and I happened to look out the window and notice that it was light outside. Weird, I though, it's 9:00 at night, why does it look like the sun is setting? And then it faded. I thought I had heard a noise, which was confirmed by the rest of the apartment's residents. Beth and Katie's boyfriend actually saw the explosion. They saw the light and ran out to the balcony and saw the explosion, which they said looked just like in the movies. Apparently it looked like it was just a few blocks away. INTENSE!!!

I have also recently learned that the explosion was an abnormally large car explosion. Many of the cars here, especially the contros, actually run on natural gas and have a tank in the trunk of the car. Apparently a freak accident ignited the spark to cause such a huge explosion.

Also, if anyone is still wondering, my laundry is safe and dry in my closet.

If anyone wants to comment on my posts, I would be flattered. Amy has obviously proved that all it takes is to ask nicely...

5 comments:

  1. Hi Steve -

    Thought you might want a little news from home. So here is my "blog" back to you...

    - The Twins had a big win last night.
    - Billy moved in 1-1/2 weeks ago and Meghan has yet to see him. The rest of us have, but only briefly.
    - Bethany helped with Captain's volleyball practice. Meghan was there and enjoyed seeing her...and Bethany had to borrow Meghan's shoes because she didn't have any??? Don't ask.
    - A bunch of us went to your dad's Thrivent picnic - and I didn't win Twins tickets. We missed you.
    - Okay, I am starting to think that my life isn't as exciting as yours.
    - Grandma, Colleen and Georgia are coming home tomorrow. They called once and it sounds like they are having a wonderful time.
    - It's really hot here (for MN) - a few days of heat index over 100 degrees.
    - A car blew up while I was watching dishes the other day...oh wait, that was you.
    - I did really go to the beach...but I just drove my own mini van there.

    I love reading your posts!

    Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo.... What exactly is it that you "has" at Amy's apartment (aside from the obvious)? And why in the world was Amy watching a dish? Was it doing tricks? Was it making meatloaf? Was it making fun of all the other dishes? Was it growing cockroaches? Or maybe it was being carried away by unseen roaches, and Amy was confused as to why the dish was moving under it's own power. Sounds like you've got a mystery to solve...

    Glad to hear that you survived the "nuclear blast". You guys really are on quite the exciting adventure.

    One more thing... since it seems both you and Amy post on the same blog, it might be a good idea to put in the heading or near the top who the author of each post is. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm... Guess I need to pay better attention. I see who posted what at the bottom of each post now.

    BTW, in case you haven't figured it out yet, Shep = Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missing wallet, filled with money!?!?!?!
    Come on now, it is time to find a bank. Here starts the nagging and you can't get away.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. So.... they are called conchos, not contros... And get used to the cockroaches... We had lots of them unfortunately! Also lizards will occasionally get into that apartment.

    ReplyDelete